Friday, the club met for lunch at Fusion Restaurant at the Ramada Inn, Lewiston Maine. This was a very productive meeting and many items were covered. A partial view of the minutes is listed below. Take note that to start, we will be meeting at least twice per month.
LEWISTON-AUBURN KIWANIS CLUB
MINUTES – MEETING MAY 4, 2012 AT RAMADA INN
Members in attendance: Sarah (Glynn) Little, Mike Meservier, Andy Choate
Guest: Division 5 Lieutenant Governor Sharon Binette
- As the first meeting of the “reformed” L/A Club, the following members were identified as having confirmed their continued interest to remain an active member of the Club. Andy has sent in dues for the following members:
- Sarah Little
- Andy Choate
- Mike Meservier
- Ron Bellemore
- Ruth Decoster
- Paul Gauvreau
- Julie Gile
- Chris Pope
Members voted for the following officers:
- President/Secretary – Sarah Little
- Treasurer – Andy Choate
Board of Directors – all remaining members. (If any remaining member does not wish to be a board member, then please let Sarah know. We will be reviewing the bylaws and club policies to address being able to take a board “vote” by email so that those members who cannot make the meeting will still have a voice).
Members voted for Andy to be the corporate clerk. He will take care of the corporate filing. He has already filed this year’s tax requirements.
- It was voted to provide the glasses for Michael at the Root Cellar up to a certain dollar level ($125), providing that certain prerequisites have already been satisfied. Sarah to follow up with Patti Gagne.
- It was voted to provide all Key Club seniors with the Key Club stole. Sarah to obtain information and provide ordering info to Andy.
- Sarah discussed meeting with Dick Gleason to explore avenues for club growth. Dick’s first recommendation is to have Club become a member of the Chamber of Commerce. Members voted to join. Mike will check with Chip Morrison to explore possibility of the Club obtaining an honorary membership – Sarah and Dick are meeting with Chip at the Chamber on Monday.
- Sarah discussed her meetings with the Lewiston and St. Dom’s Key Clubs so far. The high school students are incredible. As noted above, members voted to provide stoles to the seniors (2 for St. Doms, 15 for Leavitt, and Karen Choate to provide information about the number of seniors at Lewiston HS). Sarah to meet with Leavitt on May 22 and/or May 23rd.
Meeting dates/times! Members decided to get back into the routine to meet at least twice each month. Various locations, days of the week, and times were all discussed. We would like to hear from the members NOT in attendance at this meeting for their preferences, and we will try to figure out what will work the best for the most members. The schedule will vary over the next few months, as we work on our rebuilding efforts.
Key Club Announcement: The Leavitt Key Club is having their annual banquet on May 22nd. If interested in attending, please contact Sarah.
We will be announcing and scheduling various public informational sessions to bring in new members. These meetings will most likely be at the Chamber of Commerce Building (once we join). We will also be approaching Andie about meeting at the Boys and Girls Club (no pressure Andie!).
Welcome from Division 5 Clubs: Further down the road, our Lieutenant Governor would like to schedule a gathering – in our area – for the other Division 5 clubs to come welcome us to their division. There is an incredible amount of talent and help available at our fingertips!
~ Thank you Sarah for the minutes!